Sprint Filter P08 For F1-85 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (2005-08)
Sprint Filter P08 For F1-85 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (2005-08)
We deliver worldwide.
We encourage people to only return unused items.
Sprint Filter P08 For F1-85 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (2005-08)
- Single-layer water-resistant polyester
- P08 F1-85 material currently used in MotoGP and WSBK
- Highest existing permeability of any air filter on the market
- Innovative polyester material allows for consistent airflow
- Steel wire mesh with epoxy varnish finish
- Patented PTFE (Teflon™) treatment creates a water-resistant barrier
- Optimized filter surface area provides more airflow, more power and more filtration
- Increased air permeability and filtration efficiency when compared to cotton air filters
- Airflow: 15,000 l/m2/sec. / Filtration: 85μm
- Can be cleaned using only compressed air
- Dry filter, no oil treatments required
- Direct OEM replacement
- 1-year warranty
ABOUT SPRINT FILTER
About Sprint Filter: Established in 1952, Sprint Filter started building high-performance air filters and intake systems. Ever since their inception products have always been highly innovative and based on ongoing research and development of new filtering fabrics and intake systems. Sprint Filter air filters are widely gaining in popularity in the world of racing. Many top teams have chosen them, with their better-performing polyester filter, for winning the World Championships.
About the P08F1-85: Developed and used by the leading Factory Teams in MotoGP and WSBK, P08F1-85 is the latest technological advancement from Sprint Filter with the highest existing permeability of any air filter on the market (allowing an impressive airflow of >15,000 l/m2/sec.), guaranteeing a filtering power of 85 μm that makes it even more exclusive.
All these features make P08F1-85 an air filter particularly suitable for racing, but with the special Sprint Filter technology, it can also be used on the most sophisticated latest generation of 600cc and 1000cc super sports bikes that, in most cases, do not need fuel adjustment with special mapping of the ECU or additional control units. However, their use taps 100% of the potential of this technological jewel.
Polyester - A Winning Technology: On the one hand, air filters have to guarantee good airflow. On the other, they have to filter large particles so they don't end up in the cylinders. The two operations are opposed to each other, and the best air filter is the one that optimizes these two functions. Production motorbikes are normally fitted with paper filters, while the usual solution for sports filters was oil-soaked cotton. With its adoption of the polyester membrane filter, Sprint Filter has taken a huge leap forward, making all previous systems obsolete.
Structure: Polyester fabric is extremely permeable and solid and cannot be affected by folding during construction, by the difference in pressure during operation or by maintenance. On the other hand, the cotton filter has a weft that depends on the overlapping and number of layers used. Moreover, it tends to lose its shape during these phases and, as a result, some zones will benefit from a high filtration value while others will filter poorly.
- Constant filtration and airflow value over time.
- In terms of efficiency, the P08F1-85 polyester filter retains 95.22% of 100 μ. particles as compared to the 76.42% that cotton retains.
- Construction of the support in just one material, to prevent unwanted separation of different materials.
Steel Mesh: Another step forward has been taken for the P08 and P16 air filters, which once again distance themselves from the competition owing to the use of innovative technologies. After using the polyester filtering element, Sprint Filter is the first company in the world in this market to use steel mesh with epoxy varnish to support the membrane filter. The advantages? The strength of the wire allows a wider mesh to be woven, with the free surface increasing from 66% to 80%, which means the filter can be made with superior structural characteristics.
Using steel instead of a light alloy does not increase the weight. Not only is the mesh wider, but the diameter of the wire used is smaller than that of the past, and this more than compensates for the greater specific weight. Finally, even the look of the filters has now improved: less polyurethane seepage is noticed on the filtering map (orange for P08s, white for P037s, black for P08F1-85s) so it is better defined.
"Water-Resistant" Tissues: Sprint Filter air filters are the only filters in the world with "water-resistant" characteristics (Sprint Filter patent, meaning SF is the only air filter manufacturer in the world that produces water-resistant air filters for internal combustion engines), making the product even more exclusive and suitable even for use in more demanding conditions.
Air Flow: The polyester air filter guarantees a very high airflow that neither cotton filters (whose permeability depends on the number of layers used) nor OE paper filters can achieve. Remember the simple equation: More Air = More Power!
Filtration: The construction precision of the polyester filter offers a filtration degree equal to that declared and is constant over time. The cotton filter, instead, has extremely variable openings, from just a few microns to several tenths. This means that, initially, the cotton filter has a low filtering power (equal to 50% of a contaminant with a range of between 5 and 200 μ). Only after a dust cake forms on the surface does the filtering power increases up to 80% of the above-mentioned range, but there is a resultant drastic pressure drop. In short, a cotton filter has low filtering power for half of its lifetime, while for its remaining lifetime it has a very high-pressure drop.
Efficiency: Many dyno tests have confirmed the importance of a flow with a minimum degree of impedance. A 4-cylinder 1000cc bike (fitted with a P08 filter) without any remapping of the control unit, supplied more torque and 2.5 HP more at half the power curve, in that area that can guarantee a "fuller" response to the throttle.
In its engineering course, Trinity Saint David Swansea University tested the most popular motorcycle air filters on the market, checking the performance of each filter with a Super Flow flow bench. The test was set up in a simple but effective way: different brands of filters were fitted on a square section pipe, through which a set quantity of air was pushed.
The curve distribution is evident: the polyester Sprint Filter filter definitely breaks away from the "group" of cotton filters (among which the Sprint Filter water-resistant polyester filter ranks very well), and sponge filters are positioned at the bottom of the chart. The structure of the filtering elements was then checked under the microscope, and in this case, as well the uniformity and compactness of the polyester were obvious.
Maintenance: Maintenance of the air filter is important for the protection, care and efficiency of the engine. A clean and undamaged filter will always ensure the correct quantity of clean air for the airbox.
Another air filter maintenance aspect not to disregard is how long it lasts. Apart from the time required for disassembly and reassembly, cotton filters demand downtime for washing, drying and oiling the filtering element, all operations not necessary with a polyester filter. The Sprint Filter air filter cleaning procedure is, in fact, extremely easy and quick: just use an air jet in the opposite direction of the suction to remove most of the debris collected. No washing or drying is necessary, so it can be refitted straight away.
For exceptionally dirty filters begin with compressed air, then using a common household detergent, allow the filter to soak for 15-30 minutes and gently agitate the filter in the solution. Rinse the filter with clean water until the water runs clear. Allow to air dry thoroughly and then reinstall. Reminder, Do Not Oil.
Race Proven Performance: Sprint Filter has been a part of World Championships in MotoGP, Moto3, Superbike, Supersport, and Superstock. Sprint Filter is the first choice of championship contenders. Research and development is constantly carried out at the highest levels of racing in search of maximum filtration without compromising power.
Fuel Economy: By optimizing the air/fuel mixture the Sprint Filter allows you to consume less fuel all the while gaining more power!
Long-Lasting: If cared for properly, the Sprint Filter will last for the entire time you own your bike.
- GSX-R1000 (2005 - 2008)
Shipments to the Contiguous 48 US States
Orders $149.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. We have worked with our shipping companies and integrated their shipping prices with our website for customer comfort.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US. We have worked with our shipping companies and integrated their shipping prices with our website for customer comfort.
For a specific delivery ETA based on the exact item(s) you want to purchase, please call us at (248) 832-2444 or message us via Chat before placing an order.
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we will do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. We work closely with our vendors in order to have the product shipped directly to you from their warehouse if that means you will get the product faster.
Items will have an availability status shown once a size/color is selected on the product page; this availability status will also be shown on the shopping cart page and in your order confirmation email. Most products will be marked "In Stock - Ships Within 24 Hours". These products will ship same or next business day. The earlier in the day the order is placed, the better the chance it will ship that day.
While we will do our best to ship from the distribution center closest to you, not all items will always be in stock in every location at all times. In some cases we will split the order and ship each package out to you individually and in other cases we may need to consolidate the items in one location to ship out as one package. We utilize our best judgment in an attempt to get the products to you as quickly as possible.
Some items will be marked "Available - expect 3-5 business days lead time prior to shipment". These items cannot ship the same day and require lead time prior to shipment. If you select an expedited shipping method, please note that this will not reduce the lead time before the order is shipped.
Shipping Method Explanation
Business days are Monday-Friday; Holidays, Saturday and Sunday are not included in shipping days. Shipping timelines are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Orders shipping to PO Boxes may require 3-5 business days processing prior to shipment in order to ensure delivery via the US Postal Service. Please contact customer service for the most accurate delivery estimates. Additionally, certain oversize items may be restricted from delivery to a PO Box depending on the policies of the receiving facility.
Alaska / Hawaii / U.S. Territories
Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories including Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands will ship via the United States Postal Service.
Orders shipping to an International destination will ship via FedEx, DHL or UPS from either our fulfillment center in Philadelphia or Las Vegas. Please allow an additional 1-5 business days to process your order.
Items designated as hazardous (such as paints and chemicals) may only be shipped via ground shipping to the contiguous 48 US states. Hazardous items will be clearly identified during the shopping process.
We are currently only shipping tires to the contiguous US 48 States.
Oversize items are currently only being shipped via Ground to the contiguous 48 US states. Oversize items will be clearly identified during the shopping process. Oversized items include: ramps, fairings, motorcycle stands, fenders, street and dirt bike stands, certain full exhaust systems, street and cruiser handle bars, rims, seats, etc.
Typically packages will be left at your door and do not require a signature. Sometimes we will ship an item vendor direct and those vendors may require a signature on their shipments. If you absolutely need one way or the other, please contact Customer Service before placing your order.
2to4wheels.com does typically take back orders, based on the availability of the item.
If an item arrives visibly damaged, please contact us immediately. Claims are handled through the shipping carrier, but we will assist customers with these claims to the best of our ability.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
1. Returned products must be in new, unused condition and include the original box and/or packaging with all tags included.
2. Once your return is received and inspected by MotoKarMax (usually within 48-72 hours of receiving), your refund will be processed and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original payment method. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to be posted to your account.
3. For wire transfer payments, all refunds will be issued in the form of a gift card.
4. You are responsible for all shipping costs associated with getting your order back to us.
5. Please do not abuse this policy by ordering multiple (more than 2) of the same or similar item with the intention of returning the majority of your order. Please contact us if you are unsure of sizing or application for any items prior to placing your order and we will be happy to help you narrow it down!
6. See below for instructions on where/how to get your return order back to us. Items should not be shipped back to the manufacturer; all returns need an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number and will need to be returned to us.
Return Shipping Options
1. For customers in the contiguous 48 U.S. States, 2to4wheels provides the option of printing out a pre-paid UPS/ Fedex shipping label for a fee (calculated later). This fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
2. For customers in any location, you have the option of using the carrier of your choice to return your order to us. We recommend shipping with a method which includes tracking and insurance for your return shipment.
3. All shipments must be made prepaid; packages shipped COD will be rejected. Any Refused, Undelivered, or Abandoned package will be subject to a $10 Service Fee.
1. Need to make an exchange? After you process your return, simply place a new order for the exchange merchandise. That means you'll claim the inventory and get your new gear fast!
2. You are still responsible for return shipping costs on your original order back to us.
Order Cancellation / Modifications
1. If you change your mind, act quickly and let us know!
Used or Damaged Merchandise
1. Any merchandise which has been "taken out for a ride" is considered used and cannot be returned. We encourage you to walk on your carpet in your boots and to try your motorcycle helmet on indoors before heading out on the bike.
2. Any merchandise or parts which shows signs of use (wear, bugs, dirt, smell, pet hair, scuffing, mounting, etc) or otherwise is in a condition other than it was received cannot be returned.
3. Craigslist, eBay, Facebook Marketplace and other online forums are excellent resources if you have a used item you do not want that can no longer be returned back to us.
Apparel and Helmets
1. Apparel items must be packed in their original garment bag (or equivalent plastic bag protection) and include all original tags. The plastic bag protects the item from the cardboard. Items packaged without this protection most likely will arrive scuffed and will be returned to the customer.
2. Helmets must be shipped back as they were received in their original helmet bag, box and include all original paperwork and accessories.
3. Un-used items that are returned with missing or damaged packaging, tags, components, or hangers may be returned to the customer or subject to an additional processing fee of up to 25-50% of the merchandise cost based on the availability of those missing or damaged components.
Electronics, Hard Parts, Tools, Tires
1. Any electronic which has been removed from packaging or manufacturer seal broken is non-returnable.
2. Any part which has been installed or shows signs of attempting to be installed on a vehicle is non-returnable.
3. Any Tool or Chemical that has been opened or seal broken is non-returnable.
4. Open box items for which the packaging has been destroyed are not returnable.
1. International shipments should be marked as a "Merchandise Return" with a carrier that does not levy brokerage fees. Customer is responsible for any applicable brokerage or customs charges.
2. Any items shipped COD or having additional brokerage fees that are charged to us upon delivery will be rejected.
1. Each manufacturer has its own warranty policy. MotoKarMax will assist customers with their warranty; however MotoKarMax does not provide any direct warranty on any item sold.
1. Most manufacturers offer an additional warranty period which covers against merchandise defects. To determine warranty requirements for a specific item, please contact the manufacturer or contact us for assistance.
2. Please note warranty processing may take 4-8 weeks and will be subject to the individual manufacturer's policies and discretion. Manufacturer warranties do not cover defects determined to be caused by normal wear or due to customer negligence.
1. Please let us know ASAP if any items on your order arrive damaged. Please keep all original shipping containers and take pictures if possible. Damaged item claims are handled through the shipping carrier. We will assist our customers in these claims. We only ask that customers be patient as sometimes this process can take longer than any of us would like!
You can request a return authorization number (RMA#) online at www.2to4wheels.com or you may also initiate a return by calling us.
Step 1: Click "Login / Register" or "My Account" (if you are already logged in) at the top of the web page. Once you are within the "My Account" area of the website, click on "Order History" on the left-hand side of the page and find the order in question and click "View".
Step 2: Select the item(s) you would like to return from your order and be sure to choose the reason for returning each item.
Step 3: Select your return shipping method and follow instructions.
Step 4: Please print your Return Authorization form and include it with each shipment back to us. You have 7 days from the day the RMA is issued to return your merchandise so please be sure to print and ship at your earliest convenience. Please do not tape anything to the original product packaging! We need to get all products (and their packaging!) back in new condition. Place all merchandise in a shipping box; you may use the original shipping container. However, please DO NOT use the manufacturer's product box as the shipping container. It will arrive damaged and the package will be rejected by our returns department. Returns should be shipped to the following address unless otherwise noted on your return authorization instructions:
Attn: Returns (RMA# XXXX)
41000 Woodward Ave
Suite 350 East
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Please retain your return tracking information. We are not responsible for packages lost during return shipment. You will receive a confirmation email from us when your return is processed which will include the full details of refund credited.
249 – Reward points